Family dentist says he’s ‘devastated’ by Queensland bushfire

Posted June 03, 2018 05:09:06 A family dentist in south-western Queensland says he has lost a “huge amount of blood” after the state’s bushfire broke out.

Dr Richard Brough said his nephew was “devastatingly” injured and was “almost totally incapacitated” by smoke inhalation and smoke inhalating fumes.

Dr Brough was on his way to a dental practice in Wynnum when he said he saw flames billowing out of the bushfire.

“We saw a huge plume of smoke,” he said.

“It was a huge blast.” “

Dr Bough said he feared the worst. “

It was a huge blast.”

Dr Bough said he feared the worst.

“What I didn’t see was that the flames were going up the other side of the trees and the fire was on the side of a house,” he told ABC Radio Brisbane.

“There was a house up the road.”

Dr Dyer said the family had been in a residential area, where he said the fire could have been “a lot worse”.

He said they feared they would have been burned alive.

“My niece and nephew were very, very badly burned, absolutely devastated,” he added.

The family are now considering legal action, Dr Braw said.

Queensland Fire and Emergency Service (QFES) fire chief Paul Jones said the fires were contained to a small area of bushland about 40 kilometres south-west of Townsville.

“As of today, the fire has been contained to the site,” Mr Jones said.

He said the situation was “stable”.

“We have a lot of work to do,” he wrote on Facebook.

He said more than 10 homes had been evacuated, and firefighters were working to extinguish the flames. “

A significant number of firefighters have been dispatched and they are being monitored.”

He said more than 10 homes had been evacuated, and firefighters were working to extinguish the flames.

He also said there were “significant” fires burning in areas surrounding the bushfires, which had burned through thousands of hectares.

“At the moment, the major fire activity is located in the Wynnum area and the area around it, but we continue to monitor the fire activity throughout the state,” he posted.

Mr Jones also said the Queensland Fire Service was working with the Queensland Government to provide a list of locations for residents to evacuate.

The QFES said residents were being directed to the Wynnum town of Wynnum, near the state capital of Brisbane, which was set to be evacuated by 11:00am (AEST).

“If you live within the Wynnrinds area, we recommend you leave your home and evacuate to a safe location,” QFIS said.

The Federal Government’s Emergency Services Minister Joanne Parramatta said it was critical Queenslanders remained safe.

“Residents of the Wynnam area have been asked to evacuate the area,” she said.

QFERS Emergency Operations Manager Ben Johnson said there was no danger to the wider community, but advised residents to check the fire’s status.

“If there is a danger, please immediately call emergency services,” he advised.

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said residents should be alert to “a significant increase in fire activity”.

“Residents should be prepared for an increase in bushfire activity, and it is imperative to exercise caution and manage the situation,” she wrote on Twitter.

“In order to prevent a major fire, the Wynminys fire service and emergency services have set up a 24-hour evacuation centre and emergency call centre at Wynnnum Town Hall.”

Residents were being encouraged to check fire status on the Queensland Emergency Services website.

“Please do not enter the firezone,” it said.

A spokesman for Queensland Police said they had been told to check “the fire has moved away from the fireline”.

“It’s extremely dangerous and we’re asking anyone with information about the fire to contact us on 101,” he confirmed.

“People are encouraged to be aware of the fire, stay out of bushfires and don’t be alarmed.”